Google
Moving On
Friday, January 21, 2005
 
HAIRY PROBLEMS
I'm pleasantly surprised that a few of you have gotten wind of my previous post just hours after I wrote it. That wasn't completed though. My complaints the day before have sparked off a chain of thoughts and here I am again.

I'm migrating to this new web address. And as you can see, it is no different from the previous one. The template, the counter and the comments boxes are all almost the same as before. The main reason for the change was the fact that I needed a less conspicuous address. And there were also some minor errors. So why didn't I change the template? There wasn't a need to. I refuse to be part of a society obsessed with change.

This leads me back to a comment made by an ns friend about 6 months after I left ns.

"FaceOff, why do you still have the same hairstyle during ns?"

"Why should I change it?" I retorted.

"Because you should."

Because-I-should is not a reason at all. I know my hairstyle isn't exactly very nice, but it's something I have arrived at after experimenting with several conservative ones. Besides, it's low maintainence and more importantly, I've grown very comfortable with it over the years.

Change, to me, is the basis for infidelity. Imagine one day you girlfriend comes up to you and says she wants a change. And you ask her why the need for a change. She replies, "because she should". Don't tell me that will not happen.

If a person discards non-living things regularly to change for something different as a fickle habit, chances are he/she will not be able to settle for a long-term relationship.

I also do not think colouring your hair is a good move. In my opinion, of every 10 girls who colour their hair, 6 of them look worse than before, 3 of them look no different and only one of them will look better. We must not forget that as Asians, nature made it so that black hair complements most of our skin tones. The only person who's hair looks better is lucky because her skin tone, at random, is able to match the selected new colour of the hair.

Furthermore, I don't think many local hairdressers are experts in colour matching. With the hair colouring fad increasing demand for colouring services, I'm not too sure about the qualifications of the wannabes who are out just to make a quick buck.

An Asian lady with brown hair might look stunning at first. But upon further examination of the colour of her eyebrows. It just doesn't not match with the brown hair and the skin tone.

Maybe making changes to one's hair has its psychological effects. It makes the person feel that she is more beautiful because has done SOMETHING to it. It doesn't matter if this something worsens her looks.

As you walk on the streets nowadays, almost every lady looks the same from the back. Long, straight, rebonded hair, usually brown, wearing a black top. But when she turns around, you'll think that you're watching Alien Resurrection.

Hence one of my favourite phrases: "Don't be deceived by the hair."



<< Home

Powered by Blogger