Wednesday, February 09, 2005
Thoughts on New Year's Day
What a long break from blogging.
I have given up on my aquarium finally. The fatigue was too much to take and I just had to try this. For the few days after that it seems to have gone away but I can't be too sure about that. I seem to be feeling restless still. I'll just have to wait and observe what happens in the coming weeks.
Where is my aquarium now, you might ask? It's probably sitting in the living room of a some girl whose boyfriend bought it for her. Initially I didn't feel good about agreeing to such a low asking price for my aquarium but somehow I felt much better about it after the buyer admitted it was for his girlfriend.
More unscruplous people would charge a higher price if they find out you're buying it as an early Valentine's Day gift. As for me, I knew I didn't mind even if I gave it to him free. That's just me. A foolish young man trying to help couples. And people do take advantage sometimes. My supposed "friends" in the army did exactly that when I sacrificed my time to fill in for them to enable them to go out with their girlfriends. Instead of being appreciative, they expected such preferential treatment everytime.
I sold a piece of gaming equipment online a few weeks before that. It turned out to be a touching event. It was a father buying the thing for his son. When I brought the thing to meet him, his whole family was there and the son was so happy about it. I can't describe it very well, but the whole scene was very touching to me and I couldn't stop myself from shedding a few tears when I walked home after that.
This is not the first time I witnessed acts of fatherly love. A few years back, I sold some miniature drum pads to another father who was buying it for his son too. This are some of the interesting things that happen when I sell things online.
But that's not the point. The point is I'm too emotional and I'm such a crybaby. I cried when I watched the kid's animation Digimon during the episode which touched on brotherly love and brotherhood. And that was when I was 19.
And pls don't say it's alright to be "too emotional". If I'm female and I say all the above, it's perfectly normal. It isn't for guys to say the same.
Again, society contradicts itself. In general, females complain that males are not expressing their emotions enough. Yet when men display their emotions, women frown upon it as such signs of weakness are unacceptable to them.
