Wednesday, December 07, 2005
Life's Great
I was so afraid that life would go on a downhill slide again after failing to win the heart of the special one. Things have started to pick up this year and I thought the disappointment would once again take away the interest for the things in my life.
Fortunately nothing of that sort happened. Yes I was disappointed initially. I was a little cranky during the start of this semester and was suddenly so fired up during schoolwork. I became indulgent in my schoolwork and not wanting to think about anything else. Well... that worked. Together with the fact that she doesn't come to class very often, I managed to keep her out of my mind. But it was awkward, those times she was around and I don't know how to face her. Obviously she found out my fondness for her after an unsuccessful attempt to date her. I am avoiding her, knowing she has a boyfriend now.
Thinking back, she DID give me several opportunities. It was me who let that all that slip away from me. Even though I have a lot of excuses for my failure, it really all boils down to our religious differences. It's just as well as I now do not need to struggle with such thoughts anymore. I wish her all the best in her relationship.
Fortunately I haven't done anything regretful. I almost moved into the school hostel after realising that a rival has appeared. I came very close to giving up my long-held wish to graduate early, thinking that we could work something out slowly. Amongst other things, if I had done any of those, I would probably be kicking myself.
Miraculously, life is fantastic. I haven't been so happy since 1998. For a start, Elinear has been very nice to me this sem. (She used to be quite abusive towards me during the first two years in uni, haha) . Skygazer, autumnclover, wen and the rest have been there to support me as usual. On top of that, my design project mates were very nice to me and even surprised me with a birthday cake.
As for my uni class, I'm quite comfortable with them. I realised they do appreciate me, even though I initially believed otherwise. My other groupmates for the other projects were cooperative enough. After hearing horror stories about others' groupmates from hell, I deem myself very lucky.
My only chief complaint is that I have been falling sick very often during the semester. The illness spell started from mid-june last holidays and lasted throughout the semester. Even now I'm not sure whether I have recovered or not. Which is why I didn't bat an eyelid when I paid $30 for a bottle of supplements which the salesperson claimed would boost my immune system (for those who saw me).
Complaints aside, I really hope and pray that my life can continue to be good from now on. It's been way overdue. If you told me two years back that my life would become better, I wouldn't believe you.
I also hope Locky, whose fate is so similar to mine, has found a breakthrough in his life as well.
For now I only wish that heaven will not take all these away from me. Ever.
