Google
Moving On
Sunday, January 15, 2006
 
THE WAY HOME
Years ago, I remembered a time when Demon mentioned she was kinda afraid of the unlit path that lead from the bus stop to her place. I offered to send her back and she declined. She would rather scamper home.

Last time, there was also this girl I was going after. Every time I offered to send her home, she would say there was no need to. But she always relented whenever I indicated to her that I would really like to do that. The problem was that she seemed extremely afraid that other people would see us together. Even at the most ungodly of hours, she would insist that I stop at the bus stop or MRT station. This was puzzling to me since she didn't seem to be resisting my advances. After rejecting me (of course) months later, I could only imagine that she couldn't bring herself to like me and accepted my advances because she didn't want it to affect my A-levels. Considerate that she was, I was cursing myself afterwards for making her feel uncomfortable for so long.

And there was YX who fainted. Even though I sent her back to her below her hostel, I insisted on sending her all the way to her doorstep because the possibility of her fainting on the way back is very real. Yet she refused and refused, and I had to relent.

Then there was Shir. Once she complained of a stalker who stalks her near her place. I offered to send her back, she refused. The second time, someone committed suicide near her place, she was afraid, and once again she refused.

The "worst" of the lot came in the form of Elinear. Once she came to lab even though she was feeling very unwell. After that I wanted to send her home, she refused. And you can only imagine how stubborn she is. Then I compromised, I said that I would accompany her until her bus came. She also refused. My bus came first. I refused to get up. A few seconds later, her bus came and now she refused to get up since she felt bad about making me miss my bus. In the end, there were two "idiots" standing at the empty bus stop watching their buses pass them by.

A few months back, she came to school limping from an injury and I wanted to send her back again. Obviously, you know what the outcome was. She insisted on crossing the overhead bridge and taking the bus home. Despite my protests, I walked her over the bridge, all the way she was nagging at me to leave her. Even when I wanted to accompany her to wait for the bus, she chased me away lor.

Anyway, I am talking about all these because I have just been labelled "lousy" by a ex-schoolmate for not offering to send another one to her doorstep. I wasn't exactly furious at the remark, but I wasn't at all happy. It left me thinking.

What do women want really? On one hand, women have time and again refused my offers to send them to their doorstep. Some for the fear of owing me favours, some for fear of troubling me, some for the fear of being seen together with me, etc. On the other hand, other women criticize me for not offering.

You haven't even heard the whole story yet. I was hitching a ride on my friend's car. And the car has driven to below her apartment. Given the circumstances, or even if I were the driver, I wouldn't have offered to send her up anyway. Therefore I will not apologize for not being a gentleman or give excuses after I am labelled "lousy".

After that I was reminded by another friend that the lady who criticized me actually had a bad experience of being stalked and lived in a dangerous neighbourhood. Fair enough. I never said it was anybody's fault anyway.

For the ladies, I feel that if you really want me or any other guy to send you home, please do say so. I am sure no guy would turn it down.

The incident shows that I don't understand women at all despite trying and despite hanging out with my female friends all the time. The most desirable guys know when girls mean yes when they say no. But I'm not a SNAG, y'know?



<< Home

Powered by Blogger