Thursday, February 16, 2006
SILLY ME
A piece of good news to share with you all. I was one of the three students who topped the class for the module "Inside your PC" by scoring 89/90 for my first quiz. It's not everyday that I get to show off since my results had been mediocre at best (at least for the first two uni years).
Somehow when the lecturer announced that the quiz results are out and that there were three highest scorers, I felt a mixture of feelings. I expected myself to score very well, yet for a moment I doubted that I would be the highest scorer. Did I want to be the highest scorer? How would I feel if I got less than what I expected? Would I be disappointed and say that I'm not so good at PCs after all?
Yet, when I went to the computer cluster to check results, I was like... oh okay... then I logged off and logged in again to make sure the results were still the same. Pretty unbelievable, yet expected. And yet I wasn't as happy about it as I thought I would be. Or was I? My feelings have gone haywire. The pressure is on me though, to score well for the next quiz.
There goes the same for my Final Theory Test (Driving) which I took just now. If I failed, I would have been very disappointed. Yet passing it didn't make me happy, just neutral and relieved.
