Google
Moving On
Friday, February 10, 2006
 
TAKE ME DOWN
My confidence and optimism scares me sometimes. Especially since I do not know what exactly happened that catapulted me so high up.

My headache seems to be gone after I stopped taking all my supplements (Maybe taking supplements isn't for me). I hope it is gone for good. Which means that yet another thing has gone my way.

I worry that I may start becoming complacent. Complacency is after all just a slippery slope away.

I also worry that I may not be able to handle set-backs as well as I used to. Skygazer kept telling me that I could handle set-backs better than her classmates do. Though I thank her for what seems like a compliment, I do not think that being able to "handle set-backs" is a quality.

Just hear this example: Let's say I have a nose that can stand smelly toilets, since I grew up in the slums and was used to it since I was born. But if smelly toilets do not exist, my "amazing" nose cease to be of any use.

And it's just that bad things kept coming my way ever so often that I was so used to it. I just shrug, curse society (a lot) and dream about a better future (while keeping my expectations low so as to avoid disappointment).

I used to have nothing to lose. Now I have everything to. I wonder what will happen if I take a major fall from so high.

For now, I'm cruising.



<< Home

Powered by Blogger