Google
Moving On
Saturday, May 20, 2006
 
HEAVEN & EARTH
I was reading Elinear's blog the other day and she mentioned more and more examples of people being nice to her. Hmph! (*I'm so jealous*) I kept shaking my head and mumbling "真的是天地之别" to myself. How can things be so different as Heaven and Earth?

Then I came to a part where she quoted my blog about "favours being volunteered to her" and people "almost willing to brave fire for her sake". Very good. Now her friends will realize that not everybody enjoys the same privileges that Elinear gets.

I agree with her point that there are people doing nice things for me, but the number is pretty small. For Elinear, EVERYBODY else is nice to her.

This reminds me that while I was doing Design project, three of my guy friends (from another group) actually had a female classmate (who are on Industrial Attachment) each to proof-read their reports for them. I was so shocked lor. And so envious.

Nono, they were not involved in 'that' sort of way. And I don't really know what I'm envious about. The closeness of their friendship? I'm at a loss because I cannot name anyone who would be willing to proof-read my report, though I know I would probably get help from my friends if I asked.

But the problem is these guy friends didn't really 'ask', I realized later that it was a regular affair.

I told one of them what I felt about this proof-reading thing and he offered to proof-read my report for me. I declined and my natural, immediate reply was "Usually I proof-read for other people, not the other way round".

Which made me realize that there are at least two classmates who occassionally ask me to proof-read their stuff (even for modules I'm not taking) for them. And I'm the 'alarm-clock' for at least three classmates when they need me to give them morning-calls in case they are late for exams or other important appointments.

No wonder I felt envious; I have always been 'giving', rather than 'receiving', so the concept of receiving goodwill is still a little foreign to me.

Anyway, back to Elinear. I know I've been mentioning Elinear too often in my blog, but there are so many interesting things about her that is worth sharing.

I realize that Elinear has some extreme differences from me. For instance, her problem is that she has too many admirers while I, on the other hand, have none. I hate Mac while Mac is her staple food. I attend classes all the time; she is never here (lol). I resist meeting new people, she meets new people all the time and seems to be enjoying it. Help is volunteered to her all the time, while people whom I have consistently helped can actually refuse to help me when I most need it (and worse, laugh at my helplessness).

Well, what can I say? In all sense of the phrase, 真的是天地之别...



<< Home

Powered by Blogger