Friday, May 26, 2006
MIRACLE AGAIN
Got my results yesterday. I was still as nervous, sms-ing the server during my lecture. Especially since knowing the results would give me a better idea of my decisions in the very near future.
Was very happy with my results, a semestral CAP of 4.26, bringing my overall CAP to 3.31, edging ever closer to my desired end-point. Overall, it was above my expectations.
Realistically, I have a good chance of achieving my desired end-point if I follow the normal route of 4 years (instead of my much-talked about graduation in 3.5 years).
The question is "do I need to get my second lower?" Well, getting that is sure going to have a "healing" effect on me since I disliked my first two years in university. Getting a better honours degree is sure going to open a few more doors for me, but do I need these doors to be open?
Maybe. Maybe not. CY has advised me to look for a job at the end of 3.5 yrs and if I can get one, I should just leave. I couldn't agree more. I would have come to the same conclusion had I not open my mind to staying.
The reality is that results are a poor indicator of how your life is going to turn out after graduation.
Haha recently I heard a rumour about a first-class honours bound girl in our cohort who aspires to be a.... tai-tai. Ok maybe most of you want to be that too. Still remembered how we used to mug at the pavilon, and you all got so stressed that you started to dream about becoming tai-tais next time.
My blog damn crap right? Go on and on about this nonsense. I suddenly feel that I am very nonsense, keep talking about results when it has no spiritual value. Academic excellence and career prospects and whatever nonsense are so down in my true priorities.
Having said all that, it's likely that I will stay. My special semester grades would give me an even better picture before the next decision point (filing for graduation in August).
Results aside, I am also generally happy with my life the way things are. Though the semester which just passed (sem 6) is not as enjoyable as the previous semester (sem 5), things are still looking good.
