Google
Moving On
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
 
CHAIN OF THOUGHTS
An old lady came to my house this morning and chatted to my dad. Somehow their conversation touched on the fact that her kids abandoned her.

Which led me to the thought that there are a lot of rich couples out there who drive BMWs and abandon their parents in old age and refuse to pay upkeep of a few hundred dollars even when pressurized to. (reported in papers)

Which led me to the question that I used to think about quite a lot: Should we respect people who SEEM to have a lot of compassion (showing compassion for Huang Na's incident and donating money to the Tsunami), yet can still abandon their parents? (also reported in papers)

Which led me to question whether I am a "noble" person? Since I was cynical about the Huang Na incident, which drew a lot of flak, and I was similarly cynical about the Tsunami incident, so I didn't comment about tsunami at all.

Which led me to think about the fact that I felt pressurized when I first learnt that clover and jw were volunteering at a hospital. And shortly after, also learnt that a classmate TM, and a junior YL are also volunteering somewhere else.

Which led me to conclude that I am not a noble person.

Which led me to wonder why I am like that.

Which led me to remember why I hate committing my time (especially my Saturdays) to anything (not even for selfish reasons like my own physiotherapy)

Which led me to remember that it is probably because I was always made to go back to school for my CCA Chinese Orchestra, which I didn't love, on Saturdays.

Which led me to wonder whether it is society's fault that people are no longer able to do what they like and have to conform to something they dun like, just so as to be more competitive.

Imagine everybody only does what they like during their free time, what would the scenario during a job interview be like? I mean, collecting insects and playing football on saturdays has nothing to do with making anyone more suitable for a job.

You can of course bullsh*t and say that though u didn't earn CCA points for playing football on saturday, you learnt teamwork when in actual fact, you can't score goals as a striker, score own goals as a defender and everyone ostracizes you. Collecting insects... er... is extremely cool, so cool that the pest busting companies head-hunt you cos you are the only one who loves cockroaches. (No offence intended)

Maybe something unusual will turn the interviewers on.

Interviewer: What is your hobby?
Job Applicant: Writing slogans to stop women with long hair from taking over the world.
Interviewer: Cool...Wow... you're such a weirdo, you're hired!

But I think that the job of a "Professional TV-viewer" where you do nothing but watch TV whole day will be very popular among my friends. =)



<< Home

Powered by Blogger